STEP 1: Get Educated on Finance and Capital
The first step to gaining access to capital is to make sure you fully understand your business and all of the options available to you. Before making any capital or finance agreement, you should be able to answer the following questions about your business?
- What do I plan to use the capital for?
- What are the available types of capital for my business needs?
- How much capital have I borrowed already from other sources and at what rate?
- What is the highest rate I am willing to accept for capital at this point in time?
- What is the total debt to EBIDTA for my business?
- What is the EBIDTA to total debt service for my business?
- What is my weighted average cost of capital (WACC)?
- What is the current capital structure of my business?
You may not know the answer to all of these questions and that’s OK. This website provides an introduction to the types of capital that may be available to your business as well as some of the typical uses of capital amongst businesses that we deal with.
If you have any questions or just don’t know where to get started, don’t hesitate to contact us.